The irrigation channels (bisses) are important witnesses of the Valaisan culture. Irrigating fields and vineyards since the 13th Century, these small canals run alongside slightly inclined paths, which are a delight for hikers.
- Bisse de Clavau
- Bisse de Lentine
- Bisse de Montorge
- Bisse de Salins
- Bisse de Baar
- Grand Bisse de Vex
In the village of Ayent you can visit the Valais bisses museum:
Horse-drawn carriage hire
Route des Ronquoz 200, 1950 Sion
N +41 79 287 54 29
F +41 27 346 16 07
Ecurie Michel Darioly
Manège de Sion, Rue du Stade 52, 1950 Sion
Chantal Blanc et Lauranne Crettaz
M +41 79 860 43 42
M +41 79 670 19 59
- Hore riding for beginners
- Pony school
- Training and jumping lessons
Ranch des Maragnènes, Roger Vuissoz
Route de Vex, 1950 Sion
T +41 27 203 13 13
F +41 27 203 44 34
- Horse riding lessons for beginners and experienced riders
- Training courses and holiday camps
au Domaine Bourgeoisial des Iles
T. +41 (0)27 346 05 05
Open from May to October
- a new concept of leisure activities in the forest, for children as well as for experienced adventurers
- 7 courses of different levels and 3 courses for kids will guide you through the 1.5 ha of the adventure park
Rue St-Guérin 31, 1950 Sion
T. +41 (0)27 329 63 00
Open from the beginning of September until the end of May
- Monday to Friday : 8.00 - 21.00
- Saturday: 8.00 - 19.00
- Sunday & Public Holidays : 10.00 - 19.00
- children (aged 6 to 15) : CHF 3.-
- adult : CHF 5.50.-
Rue de la Bourgeoisie 20
T. +41 (0)27 322 90 33
Beginning of June to end of August - Monday to Sunday
- 8.00 - 20.00, during school holidays
- 9.00 - 20.00, before and after school holidays
- children (aged 6 to 15) : CHF 2.50.-
- adult : CHF 4.50.-
Passage des Marianistes
T. +41 (0)27 323 56 51
- 9.00 - 19.30, during school holidays
- 11.30 - 19.00, before and after school holidays
- children (aged 6 to 15) : CHF 2.50.-
- adult : CHF 4.50.-
From June 3rd to August 25th 2019
Due to the Grand Raid Race, the P'tit Sédunois does not run on Friday 23rd of August 2019
Price for 1 round trip
Adults: CHF 6.–
Children 6-16 ans: CHF 4.–
Children 0-6 ans: Free, except for groups of 10 people and more
For 10 people or more, departure from the Tourist Office only.
Reservation not possible in the afternoons in July and August.
Where to buy a ticket
- From the driver of the train directly
Reserve the P'tit Sédunois for your special events
- Upon availability, outside normal operation hours. Special trips on demand for: weddings, incentives or other events - from CHF 220.-/hour
CarPostal Suisse SA
Région Valais, Place de la Gare 11
T +41 (0)58 341 24 00
F +41 (0)58 667 34 79
Route de Vissigen 150
T. +41 (0)27 203 79 00
- 18 holes, Par 70
- Open all year round
- Monday (not on public holidays)
Green-fee only CHF 70.-
- June to September : Wednesday and Friday (before 10 am)
- Green-fee and meal of the day: CHF 90.-
- May to October : Free introduction to golf, every first Wednesday of the month
Information and reservation
+ 41 (0)27 203 79 00
Bourgeoisie de Sion
Rue du Grand-Pont 12, 1950 Sion
+41 (0)27 322 89 51
At your disposal by the Bourgeoisie de Sion, this leisure area is situated in the West of the City and offers:
A recreational area of 55 ha, an oasis of peace
- built around an artificial lake
- itineraries of walks
- picnic areas
- a restaurant which can welcome 250 people
- Camping TCS with restaurant
- a covered area for family reunions
- a rock-climbing wall and a play garden
- a sports and leisure activities centre
- an adventure parc - www.parc-aventure.ch
- Iles Vapeur Parc
- Stand Up Paddle
- Sport and Leisure centre "Les Iles"
Publibike - run quietly and freely in the cities of Switzerland!
Publibike is a self-service system of rental of bikes in certain places, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Thanks to this service, you can take the bike in one location and return it back to another one.
Prices and subscriptions https://www.publibike.ch/en/publibike/pricing/
Bikes are given free of charge on Place de la Planta. Deposit and identity card required. Electrical bikes are also available.
June to October: Wednesday to Sunday (closed Monday and Tuesday)
from 9.00 to 12.15 / 13.00 - 18.00
- The Rhône route crosses the Valais, running along the river Rhône
- is a part of the national circuits
- parcours: Andermatt-Genève
- traverses the vineyards of the Valais from Martigny to Leuk
- 3 possible ways: on foot, bike (83 km) and car
Iles Vapeur Parc
Rte de la Pronde 10
Open March to November
Closed in case of snow
Premier Alpine Centre
Board rental, initiation courses, fitness and Yoga on the water. At the "Domaine des Iles" from Sion.
Sports d'eau vive
Rue Ste Marguerite 21, CP 1308
T. 027 475 35 10
Rafting, canyoning, paragliding
May to October, open everyday 8am to 6pm.
Case postale 75
Rue du Lac 21
CH - 1958 St-Léonard
T 027 203 22 66
F 027 203 22 81
The largest natural underground lake in Europe.
Daily from 18th March to 5th November 2017
The subterranean lake of St-Leonard is located in Switzerland, along the Rhone valley, between Sion and Sierre in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
From 10.00 till 17.00
In July and August from 9.00 till 17.30
Guided tour on a boat with explanations in English, French and German. Other languages on request depending on availability. Duration of the tour around 30 minutes.
SmartShuttle, being tested in Sion
The “SmartShuttle” drives through the old town of Sion on autonomous mode. The main stop is located at the Place du Midi.
Shuttles are free.
Timetable: from Tuesday to Sunday afternoons.
During the test period, the timetable and the itinerary are subject to change.
Stay tuned : postbus.ch/smartshuttle
Route de la Drague 58
T: +41 27 322 92 92
This sensational and extraordinary activity is available to all, from 5 to 99 years old. Alone, with family, or with friends, come defy the law of gravity in a friendly atmosphere.
RealFly is the first and only freefall simulator in Switzerland to reproduce the perfect flying sensation.
You will be surrounded by passionate professionnals for this unforgettable experience. All the necessary equipment will be provided. It is recommanded to wear sport clothes and sport shoes for this activity.
Wed - Fri: 13.00 - 20.00
Sat: 10.00 - 21.00
Sun: 10.00 - 18..00
Son - Tue: 10.00 - 17.00
Wed - Fri: 10.00 - 20.00
Sat: 09.30 - 21.00
The Devil's wine cellar
In the year of our Lord 381, the people of the Valais saw Saint Théodule, the first bishop of Sion, return from Rome with the shoots that would give birth to the first grapevines in the Valais and a church bell that the Pope had given him. They did not see, however, that the Devil himself carried the heavy gift. Indeed, Saint Théodule had tricked the Archfiend to be his servant. Knowing that at his death, the Devil would be free again, he made sure to imprison him in a wine cellar. It is that very wine cellar, one of the oldest in the Valais, that you are invited to explore today.
Number of players : 4 to 10 (max. 12)
Age : Younger than 14 years old must be accompagnied. Recommanded from 10 years old.
Price : depending on the number of players, from CHF 160.-
Duration : 1h + aperitif offered at the end (frome the Wine Producers' Association of Sion)
Access : The escape room is located in Rue des Châteaux 7, 1950 Sion. In order to begin the game on time it is recommanded to arrive 15 minutes in advance.
Information and reservation : www.escaperoomsion.ch