Skip to main content

Majorie and Vidomnat

The castle of the Majorie takes its name from its first owner, the major and military right arm of the bishop. The bishops lived there from 1373 until the fire of 1788. The building was refurbished, probably by the architect Ulrich Ruffiner in 1536. Since 1947 it has housed the Valais Art Museum.